Becoming a Member
If you're interested in volunteering and would like to know what it’s all about, just contact us by phone or come by the North Station at 5408 Mulat Road.
The members at Avalon Fire and Rescue are your friends and neighbors living in Santa Rosa County and the surrounding areas and have one common goal, to help the citizens in time of need.
To join our team come by the North Station and pick up an application, or simply download from this site. Applicants will be advised of the requirements and scheduled for an interview. Applicants will be subject to background and reference checks.
Prior experience is not required as training will be provided within the department and through other local agencies as needed.
Becoming a member is a great learning experience, but will require a lot of dedication and commitment. Not only are you learning a trade that can assist you with a possible career, but you will be providing a valuable service to the citizens in the community...
Click on the appropriate link below and open the application to print it. Fill the application out completely, and drop it off at our North Station.
During the application process, you are welcomed and encouraged to attend training sessions and meetings.
(Adobe Reader is required to open the application)
1) Application to be completed and received by Fire Dept.
2) Application will be reviewed for completeness and references checked out.
3) An Interview will be setup to discuss application.
4) Application will be presented and reviewed by the Membership Committee during the next available Meeting.
5) The application will be passed along to the Chief by the Membership Committee with recommendation of approval or not.
6) The Chief will contact you directly upon his review.
If you have not heard anything regarding your application within 30 days, contact Chief Sid Wiggins at 850-516-5642.